World Map


View Mike Nelson's Travels on a larger map

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 8: the return to familiar territory

Jean and I studied for a little bit this morning and i made him explain what his ideal girl would be. oddly enough, i imagined Jean with a wig when he was done. anyways, we went back to Technomart again today. we ate sushi at the food court and went upstairs to wait in the long line for our customer service rep to help us. they wear these hideous orange sweaters. (sorry, that was a tangent...) so we were almost up and i reached in my bag to get my passport, only to find it not there. then i realized that i hadn't actually put it in my bag, but it was still sitting on my bed. so, we hopped back on the bus back home. it only actually took us 20 minutes to get home. yesterday Jean missed our stop so we drove around for a while until we came to one that we could get off on, so going back home wasn't a big deal. we grabbed the passport, returned once again to Technomart, and got my cell phone working. I know you could care less about what it looks like, but i'll humor you with a photo. its got a 4 mega pixel camera, 1 gig memory chip, and connects to the internet for only $10 dollars a month. (this is a pay as you go phone too.) man, i wish america would jump on this band wagon!

Jean had a hot date with his girlfriend, so he left me to my own devices for the evening. i helped the missionaries teach english class and i remembered how much i don't miss that. their class is huge though! they probably had about 55 people show up. they divide everyone up into levels. i got the beginning level which was ok, because its mostly just acting instead of teaching. then Jean's uncle called me up and asked me to come to dinner with him. i hopped on the subway to the restaurant and we ate some weird noodle stuff. he's a pretty funny guy for how much i understand. i found out that he's funding most of this for Jean. (even though Jean's parents make bank at their restaurant. its packed until 3 am everyday.) after force feeding me once again, we made arrangements for some more sight seeing and better sushi restaurants.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

Mikey! I just spent five billion hours reading your blog. It reminded me of being in Australia, figuring out the cell phone and trying to find your way around, and all that jazz. :) I love it. I'm going to live vicariously through you, except for the dog part. :) That part I'll leave out.