World Map


View Mike Nelson's Travels on a larger map

Thursday, July 31, 2008

day 19: the destined hard floor

Trying to sleep on a marble floor really isn’t the most comfortable thing. But if you don’t take my word for it, then go ahead and try it. It was easy for Jean because he had a couple of drinks with his uncle’s friend. I, unfortunately, didn’t have that pleasure.


After Jean got over his hang over, we headed to another Buddhist temple on the beach. This place is extremely beautiful. If I was Buddhist, or if I knew a lot about being one with nature, I’d probably appreciate a lot more. We went down from the temple and went swimming at the beach. They have absolutely no waves, which is so weird. I was thinking that I’d see some type of sport out there, but it was just a lot of people on inflatable tubes. Jean also has a little bit of a skin deal, so he can’t go swimming, which left me to swim solo. It’s a good thing that I had such a good life saving merit badge counselor because I had to help a girl that couldn’t swim back to shore.



Then we went and ate barbecued clam. I hope by the end of this trip I’ll learn to like sea food like a pure Korean does.

No comments: