World Map


View Mike Nelson's Travels on a larger map

Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 7: the Technomart



i am pretty sure why star trek fans are such huge fans of asia. today we went to Technomart - a 12 story mall full of electronics (see picture). My phone doesn't work and there they have the customer service for my provider, which is SK. (man, SK keeps on coming back and biting me in the butt!) there were rows and rows of everything you could imagine. anyways, the place was packed with shoppers and we waited over an hour to talk to somebody. well, it turns out that they couldn't help me without a passport since i would be the primary user of the phone. sadly, my passport was back at my apartment, which was a 40 minute subway ride. so, we made the best of it and went and saw a movie (which is the top floor of Technomart).

Then we met up with Jean's aunt for dinner. we had 갈비 which you cook right in front of you. it was super good, but you leave smelling like meat. Jean's cousin came too, and Jean told her how i had dog meat. she didn't say much to me the rest of the night and i asked Jean if she was upset. he told me that she is a dog beautician. i didn't need to ask any more questions.

1 comment:

Gary said...

I still can't get over the fact that you ate dog! I mean, it has been two days and I am still just sick about it. Anyway, continue the adventure. I love the blog. It is a great way to share in your experience.